This morning during his sermon, the pastor said, “God’s ‘I will’ is enough!” Mind you, that wasn’t even a main point of the sermon; but, when he said that phrase, it resonated with me. I could no longer hear the chatter and movement going on around me. I thought, “You know what, it’s enough for me too.” In fact, it’s more than enough. The Phrase “I will” is found throughout the bible. Those “I wills” are promises from God. When I was a child my parents bought me a book called A Promise is a Promise. That book talked about the importance of keeping promises. As I got older I learned that people break promises, not always because they never intend to keep them. Sometimes broken promises are the result of overextending themselves or changing their minds after the promise has been made. I digress…
God’s “I will” is a promise that we can count on. We don’t have to worry about Him changing His mind or making a promise He knows He has no intention of keeping. People will disappoint you, but God never will. God calls us to be faithful. When we have faith, we can speak God’s “I wills” or promises over our lives.
I have listed a few verses of scripture (from the NIV) that include promises from God in the form of I will. As always, I pray that the verses encourage, uplift and motivate you.
- I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all people of the earth will be blessed through you. Genesis 12:3
- I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I promised. Genesis 28:15
- I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers, and I will keep my covenant with you. Leviticus 26:9
- And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me. Psalm 50:15
- He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation. Psalm 91:15-16
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
- See, I am doing a new thing. Now it springs up; do you not see it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19
- Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4
- Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear. Isaiah 65:14
- I will save you from the hands of the wicked and redeem you from the grasp of the cruel. Jeremiah 15:21
- Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:12 – 13
- Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3
- I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26
- I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you. John 14:18
- And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
- I will never leave or forsake you. Hebrews 13:5
- Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners and purify your hears, you double – minded. James 4:8
God’s I will is a promise. Stand on God’s promises. When you are having doubts or your faith is low, remember that GOD’S I WILL IS ENOUGH!
Peace and blessings!